I can’t believe I haven’t made my own chicken wraps before. They are the easiest thing to do and are so versatile. You can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or as a snack during the day.
If you are a gym-goer or like to workout and keep fit, these no-cook wraps also make the perfect post-workout meal. You can make them before you set off, put them in a tupperware box and eat as soon as you can after your workout.
It’s worth mentioning that I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so I raided my fridge and used whatever leftovers I had in there. If you don’t have any chicken, you can use any other leftovers and assemble them in a wrap.
- 5 minutes
- 0 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- 2 tortilla wraps (12g protein)
- 100g of chicken fillet – leftover from previous day (27g protein)
- A bunch of kale (2.9g protein)
- Half a cucumber (0.3g protein)
- 1 tomato (0.5g protein)
Cooking instructions – chicken wraps with kale
The best part of this recipe is that there is no actual cooking involved. The chicken is already cooked and the vegetables are best when they are consumed raw.
- Shred the chicken fillet
- Chop the kale
- Cut the cucumber into strips
- Chop the tomato in longish chunks or slivers
- Take the wraps and lay them flat. Put some kale as the base layer and arrange the chicken, cucumber and tomato on top.
- Make into a wrap and enjoy!
Convenience, taste and hitting your macros are the priority with this recipe. Feel free to add more or replace some of the ingredients to suit your taste. You could supercharge your wraps with spinach, peppers or add avocado for some healthy fats.