Healthy food doesn’t have to be bland. This delicious pasta with tuna takes 15 minutes to do and anyone can cook it. The only “cooking” involved is boiling the pasta. The rest is chopping, draining and assembling your dish.
This pasta with tuna is my absolute favourite muscle building food. It’s easy to prepare, tasty and nutritious. In fact, it gives you 30g of protein! Not bad for 15 mins of “cooking”.
It’s so good that I spotted a similar recipe in Nigella Lawson’s book – Nigellissima. In her version though, the celebrity chef uses spaghetti instead of pasta. It looks (and I’m sure it tastes) just as good as my version. Enough talk. Let’s get cooking.
- 3 minutes
- 10-12 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- 1 can of tuna (in brine)
- Pasta – 100g
- 1/2 or 1 tomato depending on size
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black Pepper
- 1/2 lemon or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-5 olives
- Small red chilli pepper or chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic
Cooking instructions – pasta with tuna recipe
- Boil the pasta. Add a table spoon of olive (or cooking) oil and a pinch of salt to a small-ish pan with boiling water. Add the pasta and leave to boil for 12-13 mins.
- Prepare the tuna. Open the tuna tin and drain the liquid.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them.
- If you are using chilli pepper and olives, now is the time to chop them too.
- Peel and crush the garlic clove. If you don’t have a garlic press, you can crush it on the chopping board and then finely chop it.
- Put your pasta with tuna together. Drain your pasta and return it into the pan you use to boil it in. Add the tuna, chopped tomatoes, chilli (or chilli flakes), olives and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt, black pepper and the lemon juice.
- Stir it all in and serve in a bowl.
CLICK HERE to get 10 reusable, microwaveable, freezer and dishwasher safe meal prep containers for £12.95 on Amazon Prime.